Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nothing too new to update....

Just a quick update - not too much new going on. I'm in Kampala again with some friends for the weekend. We got permission to stay overnight on Saturday so we could have some more time exploring the city. Homestay is fine, training is good. we have 4 more weeks of training. We find out our sites in week 9 (we're entering week 6 right now). We just had our first language practice exam to see how we're doing. At the end of training, we take a final exam and we have to score "intermediate low" on it to pass. I just received "novice high" on the practice one yesterday so I feel I'm doing pretty well - most of us got novice high, I think. But only one more step to go to get that intermediate low - although it's a very large step up to that next level. I love the business/ngo training. We visited an NGO this week, and it was really awesome to see a very well-run organization doing amazing work for kids affected by HIV/AIDS.

Oh, and last Sunday, my friend, Lizzie and I, went to visit my friend Mark (a family friend) at his house in Kampala. It was great meeting him finally and seeing his little baby boy. The house is really nice, and it was fun to get out of our village for a day to see another part of Kampala and to visit another expat. My friends and I definitely plan to go back and visit him again soon. I think that's about all. Hope everyone back home is doing well!